Friday, May 15, 2009

On other anniversary




Although I did not make any special celebrations on Yeats's death, regarding the 70th anniversary of it I still remembered it and worked on it as well. I am making my project's dissertation regarding tradition and poetical identity in Yeats's elegies. I really had a difficult time deciding the theme but now that I have come around of I am facing some challenges.

For example, I finished the presentaton of Yeats and Propetius that I had previously talked baout. And today I found a strange but interesting article, related to Yeats's plays. Strangely enough I have never watched a Yeats' play, even though I have read a vast majority of them. Tha makes it even funnier. Anyway to elegize him a good old poem wil serve us good.



"But for him it was his last afternoon as himself,
An afternoon of nurses and rumours;
The provinces of his body revolted,
The squares of his mind were empty,
Silence invaded the suburbs,
The current of his feeling failed; he became his admirers."

"In Memory of W. B. Yeats" by W. H. Auden

No comments: